Saturday, April 11, 2015

Artisan Component Design Challenge

Artisan Component Design Challenge

I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in the Design Challenge !
We were given 3 beautiful components to work with.
It was fun to rummage thru my stash to find just the right "something" to match and add to the pieces :)  

Thanks again to all the Designers who gave away their precious components for all of us to play with :)

Here's what I created with my Designer components:




This awesome boho 'lil wooden clasp is from Asbury Avenue Designs....it's so cute !
I used the blue sari silk ribbon that was part of the kit also, I think the blues in the silk really blend in nicely with the clasp.  In keeping with the "boho" theme, I had these blue wooden rondells that match really well also.  I added a small enameled copper tube that I had made in between the rondells to set them off a bit and to add to the rustic look.




This ceramic "sunflower" pendant is from Marla's Mud, very cute also :)
Still on the "boho" theme, I strung everything on brown leather, cause brown leather screams boho!
I used the sunflower as the focal point of the necklace, I tried to pick up the colors of the sunflower with some purple components.  I had this cute lil lavender flower bell that fit right in there :)  I also used the bright fuchia sari silk ribbon to add a little pizzazz !  There are some purple wooden disks in there, as well as some purple "fuzzy wire" that I just wrapped around the leather.
To finish the necklace off, I dug thru my lampwork beads and found this disk that matched pretty well !




The final component is from Kristi Bowman Design and is beautiful ! 
I love the etching on this piece :)
I'm a Copper/Turquoise kind of girl so when I received Kristi's Copper piece I knew which direction I was going immediately !
I gathered some components in coppers and blue/greens:  The Turquoise nuggets, the piece of Chrysophase, the copper wavy discs that I put a patina finish on, one of my enameled copper bells, the enameled copper stick and a copper plated "ribbon" bead.  I dangled some turquoise green glass beads from the copper bell and dangled the Turquoise nuggets from Kristi's copper piece.




It's been a fun challenge !! 

Thank you to Artisan Component Marketplace for hosting this Challenge and Blog Hop.

I can't wait to look at all the other designs !

Here's the links to the Component Designers as well as the other participating Designers:


Copper Component is from Kristi Bowman Design http://artisancomponentmarketplace.com/kristibowmandesign/

Ceramic Component is from Marla's Mud

Wood Toggle Clasp is from Asbury Avenue Designs

Artisan Component Marketplace Blog

Participating Designers:
Kelly Hosford Patterson http://travelingsideshow.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

  1. What beautiful pieces! I love everything you made, and am having trouble picking a favorite. Maybe the copper-and-turquoise necklace. Or the bracelet. Oh, who am I kidding--they're all lovely! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You ! It's been fun ! Your designs are fantastic, thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. Turquoise or green is always a go to color to combine with copper. I love all the wonderful dangles and all the wonderful enamel bits you added to the necklace! Each piece is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi ! Your copper pieces are beautiful, glad I got to create with one :)

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS! I'm am so blown away by all the wonderful designs so far! I love the directions you went with each component. So PERFECT to really set each component center stage! I also love all the colors you pulled into each, some of my favorites, done in a really fantastic blend! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Boho love all the movement and textures. Thrilled to have taken this challenge with you. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Gloria, Yes, this challenge was fun and I've really enjoyed seeing all the other really talented artists work :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks Kari ! I just love that little wooden toggle :) Really fun challenge ! The piece you created with all the components together is really nice & colorful :) Thanks again for hosting this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great designs! I just love turquoise and copper together so immediately fell in love with your last necklace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! Yes, I think Turquoise and copper is right up there with my all time favorite combos :)

      Delete
  7. These are really cool! very different with great contrast in color and wonderful texture and movement! Wonderful Job! Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cool! very different with great contrast in color and wonderful texture and movement! Wonderful Job! Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete